Japan is so beautiful this time of the year. I personally think the best time to visit Japan is during the Sakura season. But then again Japan is a great place to visit ALL year round!
2 things I love about Japan during the Sakura season:
- Cherry Blossom trees
- Starbuck's Cantaloupe (Rockmelon) Frappucino ! It's so good we had it every day when we were there.
I'm so glad I got to witnessed the beautiful Sakura bloom in Kyoto when I was there 2 years ago. (Can't believe how fast time just flew by). Kyoto is one of my favourite cities in Japan. I love it so much, we went back there again 2 months after the first time we were there.
Here's also the city I discovered Arabica% Coffee! I dedicated a whole blog post for it cause it's just <3 Click here for the post.
Besides that, you can find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING green tea or matcha there. My favourite green tea place is Saryo Tsujiri - their ginger green tea is SO GOOD. They are also well known for their dessert parfaits.
Here is my list of things to do in Kyoto (pictures to follow):
- Kyoto Train Station (there's everything there! Shopping malls, restaurants, hotels, movie theater and even an observation deck on the rooftop)
- Arabica% Coffee in Higashiyama
- Walking around Higashiyama area
- Saryo Tsujiri
- Nishiki Market
- Visit Gion during the day (everybody goes to Gion at night in hopes of Geisha sighting)
We've done all the other tourist attractions the first time around so I'm not going to include it here.